1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? LOVE sock yarn, love merino or anything soft. Don't care for cotton or any fun fur or acrylic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have 3 wonderful needle rolls (made by my friend Julie) I also have 2 old needle holders that hold some long straight ones that I have.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting around 5 years now, my best friend taught me. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? - yes it is on my blog
5. What's your favorite scent? - vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? - yes... dark chocolate - especially ones filled with carmel, or raspberry
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, I scrapbook and I am starting to dye my own yarn (check out my sockapalozza 4 socks - my dye job) I do not spin
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) CD's I like 70's rock, I like some of today's pop. Not a big fan of country.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? LOVE purple, orange, some greens. Not a big fan of blue although denim blue is good - just not electric blue
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married to a wonderful woman (who is learning to knit and finally understands stash) I have twins b/g that are 15. We all live with my mother, sister and nephew. We have 4 cats between us. 2 males which are ours and 2 females which are theirs.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? - not really. Of course that is because I don't have any so I would probably wear mittens and a scarf
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? right now - socks
13. What are you knitting right now? embossed leaves socks for my daughter. Just finished Twisted Flower socks by Cookie A for my sockapalozza 4 pal.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes love them
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circulars aluminum (love my new ikon and knitpicks)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 years old - my daughters sweater from misty alpaca
18. What is your favorite holiday? christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? - black amethyest glass, unusual pins
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? - I have no knitting magazine subscriptions. I will have to think about this one and post an update.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I want to learn how to knit fair isle and lace
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes I am a sock knitter. I wear an 8 wide, my foot is 9 1/2 inches long and about 9 inches wide.
23. When is your birthday? 2/19/62
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Update!!!! Got my invite this weekend. You can find me under Debbi62